Thursday, May 11, 2006


A Brief Introduction to Me................

Well here it is, my first post on my first Blog.
I would expect that future bloggs will include the things that I enjoy most in life, for example I have been involved with wine & wine tasting for the last 25 years this has been a great passion for me.

I have also been with the London Fire Service for the last 28 years, I have enjoyed my time, this is also likely to feature here.

I very much enjoy motorsport in it's various guises, mainly these days from a spectator point of view rather than taking part, I have been involved over the years with both cars and motorcycles.

Running, well I enjoy running for keeping fit, it also gives me a good opportunity to think through the great challenges that we all face in this busy life, I do a lot of thinking on my runs.

Then there is music, I started listening to pop at the age of about 10 years, my taste in music at that time was very narrow, I do find that as you age, your tastes broaden, I now listen to a wide range of styles.
I am still very fond of the rock & blues styles that I discovered in my early teens.

My latest passion is Texas Holdem Poker, I have been playing for about a year now, in that year have played in a TV tournament finishing 6th, qualified for a $50.000 doller tournament, (I got knocked out quite early on).
I have just won a feeder tournament giving me free entry into a qualifier for the 2006 World Series of Poker, this will be played on the 29th of May so keep your fingers crossed for me.

Anything computers, I enjoy dealing with the challenges that these wonderful machines can throw at you, because after all they are here to make all our lives easier.........are they not?

If you should decide to follow this blog you will also notice quite quickly that my english grammer can at times leave a lot to be desired.

I do enjoy clever quotes from other people eg.-

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing".
Rand K Milhollend

I am looking forward to any comments, good or bad, I am a thick skinned individual and I can take any knocks that you might care to dish out.

Thanks to Sabine http://scagozo.com/blog/ for getting me this far.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve,

Congratulations! It's looking good! :) And thanks for the "plug" - although I haven't really done anything but pointing you to the start! I'm looking forward to reading more!