Friday, July 21, 2006

WSET Advanced Certificate.

Well I have done it.....I have paid good money to undertake the Wine & Spirits Education Trust Advanced Certificate. Inspite of advise from WSET themselves that I should take the Intermediate Certificate first instead of being the big headed know it all and starting my Studies with the Advanced.

I have been studying and tasting wine for the last 20 years, my knowledge is very strong in some areas but I also have some weaknesses, my geography of the various wine making regions around the world is probably my main weakness, that is the regions within various country's.
Have I bit off more than I can chew? We shall see.

I start my study in October, by the beginning of November I will have my results and we shall see if I am eating humble pie or not. You can check out what I have let myself in for here.

"Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance".
Will Durant

No comments: