Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Ten Days in Gozo

We leave the dull and dismal shores of the UK for sunny (I hope) Gozo on Saturday.
I am looking forward to seeing Gozo at Christmas as well as being a great opportunity for a well earned break. Ten day's of leisure, great food, great company and absolutely no work.
Well I say no work, we have to sell the farmhouse and I think the Christmas period is not the best time to try, but as they 'say nothing ventured, nothing gained'.

Back at the end of October I sat the 'Wine and Spirits Education Trust' Advanced Certificate, the good news is.........I passed :) that result alone has made my Christmas.
I now need to decide, do I go on to take the Diploma, it is a 2 year course and I don't think that I can commit the required study time to it. The Diploma qualification is universally regarded as the stepping stone to the 'Master of Wines' qualification. You can read more about the Diploma here.
I will need to make a decision within the next few weeks. If there are any Diploma success story's out there post your words of encouragement here.


"Dear Lord, I've been asked, nay commanded, to thank Thee for the Christmas turkey before us... a turkey which was no doubt a lively, intelligent bird... a social being... capable of actual affection... nuzzling its young with almost human- like compassion. Anyway, it's dead and we're gonna eat it. Please give our respects to its family"...
Berke Breathed


Have a Great Christmas everyone.

No comments: