Since the new year I have been buying all the new components to build my new PC. In the past I have always pulled the old computer to pieces, re used some of the old components and sold the rest off on eBay. This time I am keeping the old PC intact so the new one is 100% brand new, and the latest spec, well without spending an absolute fortune anyway.
So what's going to be in my new machine? for the fellow geeks among you out there -
- Lian - Li PC 101 case heavy aluminium for the best heat conductivity and cooling.
- ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard Prices, hi spec Sli board, ideal with overclocking facilities and DDR 2 RAM support.
- 2 18 X wright 40 X read DVD writers. The blue ray writers are still a bit too expensive.
- A Seasonic S12 500W power supply, arguably the best that money can buy.
- A pair of 2 Gb matched Corsair DDR2 6400 RAM, expensive so the machine should fly, almost.
- AMD 5600 X2 Dual core processor, not the absolute fastest processor but the best balance between speed and price.
- The Zalman CNPS9500 LED CPU Cooler, again arguably the most efficient CPU cooler and it does not sound like a jet aircraft taking off whilst it's on.
- 2 X 500 Gb Samsung HD501LJ Spinpoint T, SATA300, 7200 rpm, 16Mb cache. Giving me a total of 1 terabyte of storage.
- Graphics card I have yet to buy.
- And I will check out the motherboard sound quality before I decide if I should get a separate sound card or not.
Over the coming weeks I will start building the new machine and will keep you informed of my progress.
Next Wednesday we are having a brand new kitchen fitted as well so it will be a busy week.
No pictures at the moment, I am having a problem with blogger, each time I attempt to post any pictures blogger logs me in automatically a second time so will not let me post any pics, I will work it out in the end.
"Ordinarily he was insane, but he had lucid moments when he was merely stupid". Heinrich Heine.