Saturday, June 02, 2007

Hard Work never killed anyone.....but why take the chance?

It has been a while since my last post, this is because I have been having a busy time here, no I am not looking for sympathy it is good to be busy but when you have more on your plate than you can deal with you have to prioritise and blogging got pushed down the list of priorities quite quickly.

I have been having a new kitchen fitted I am very pleased with it, it took about 3 weeks from start to finish but it is all done now.
Promotion exams for my job take up a lot of time, thankfully that is all over now.

I have finally finished putting my new PC together and have installed Windows Vista Ultimate (64bit version). This proved to be more challenging than I thought since the drivers supplied for my hard wear were useless, I had to go to all the manufacturers websites to download the special 64 bit versions as the 32 bit drivers on the CD supplied with each piece of hardware just will not install. This situation will slowly change over the coming 12 months, OH the pains of being a pioneer in computer software. Another problem, Adobe are still putting together a flash player version for 64bit Windows so I have to use the 32 bit browser to view any flash driven websites. I am very pleased with the machine in spite of the difficulties encountered.

I have just put my house on the market today in anticipation of my move to Gozo next year, the plan is to sell my house here in the UK, if I I have to vacate this house prior to my move overseas I will rent for the remaining period here in the UK.

So I have had a lot going on in the last few weeks.....................Doesn't time fly when your having fun.

Retirement kills more people than hard work ever did.
Malcolm S. Forbes





No comments: