If you’d like to visit Gozo for a holiday or short break, but you’re searching for the right excuse and opportunity to go, you’re in luck. Pick any one of these plausible or quirky excuses and start booking!
1. Gozo is great for your health, low pollution, lots of sun, fresh fruit and the freshest fish to be found anywhere in the Mediterranean, I mean, you’re health is very important, isn’t it?
2. Ancient history: Ġgantija temples predate the piramids of Egypt by 1000 years, erected about 3500BC, and so one of the very first in the world.
3. One of the finest diving locations in Europe with caves galore.
4. You’d like to watch the greatest sunrise and sunsets while sitting on top of one of Gozo's dramatic cliffs.
5. You want to find out if geckos really talk and if they have English accents.
6. Have you seen the hotel deals? Oh they are the best I’ve seen in a long, long time!
7. You want to stargaze in one of the best spots on earth.
8. You’d like to swim in the morning and sunbathe in the afternoon. You can do both on Gozo.
9. You need to rev up the romance with your other half.
10. You’d like to get married in a beautiful location, go on a Mediterranean honeymoon, or renew your vows or celebrate a significant event.
11. You’d like to learn about ancient civilisations. Um, we’ll say the excuse is you’ve developed a sudden interest in sociology.
13. You need to earn some frequent flier miles.
14. You’re scared of snakes. Gozo does not have snakes, (well not poisonous ones)
15. You love challenging roads.
16. You’d love to try something other than French or Italian wine, Gozo has some great wines.
17. You want to make your friends jealous by sporting a nice tan.
18. Getting highlights at the hair salon is very expensive, so go to Gozo and get them for free.
19. The weather is starting to get cold and you need a warm up.
20. Your local bar just does not stay open long enough.
21. You’ve been reading The Rough Guide for a while, and now you just need to go see for yourself why Gozo is a great holiday destination.
22. You need a little joy in your life.
23. You love to hike and cycle to see rewarding views.
24. You’re a budding meteorologist and you’d like to study the micro climate on the island.
26. The local population are just sooo friendly.
27. I live here, so it must be good.28. And, last but not least, you need a bloody holiday!!
So, which excuse will you use?Hope is a waking dream. Aristotle.