We have just had the pool tiled with nice Spanish mosaic tiles to cut out the cost of having it repainted every 2 years. The final cost of this little project came to €2500.00, it should be money well spent, time will tell. Then I started thinking what an expensive luxury a swimming pool is and is it really worth it when you think we are 3 minutes from the beach.
A list of the pro's and cons of owning a pool.
- Cool convenient welcome relief from the heat.
- A classy way to entertain your guests.
- Just add a barbecue to a pool, and some friends, an instant winner.
- Everybody loves to at least look at a clean baby blue body of water. It's almost hypnotic.
- It keeps my wife happy. (She is looking over my shoulder at the moment)
- On hot sweltering days when you can't go to a beach, it really is a life saver.
- Adds to the value of the house, here in Malta and Gozo.
- Cost of Pool chemicals each month.
- Cleaning the pool every day.
- Chemical test every 2nd day.
- Vacuum pool once a week.
- Top up pool (around once a month in the summer months).
- Clean pool filters about once or twice a week.
- Repainting of the pool base once every 24 months (If the pool has a painted finish).
- Servicing of pool pump every 2 years.
- Pool licence Fees.