Friday, October 16, 2009

Setting up a Business in Malta.

One reason for not having posted here for weeks is I have been going through the process of setting up a business here in Malta, I am sure it is no harder here than any where else in the world. If I had set up my business in the UK I would probably have gone pamphlet happy, the UK system have all information available for the purpose of setting up a business either in pamphlet / brochure form or it's available on the Internet, so professional advise would not normally be required, certainly not for a small one man band such as a self employed Fire Safety Consultant.

Here in Malta it is no more complicated, it is just that some of information is available and some not, so after spending many hours trying to find the information out myself, and failing, I employed the help of a Lawyer and an Accountant, after a one hour consultation all the forms were filled in and and in the post. So in one hour I have VAT, personal tax, work permit and company registration all sorted out. Sometimes it's worth paying for advise, and I feel it was money well spent.

I have also been doing a bit of networking, finding new friends and contacts of potential clients, with lots of positive noises being made, lets see if they turn in to firm, money paying leads.
I can not start until all the paperwork has been processed, so next on the cards are stationary, and website. As of November 1st I should be up and running.

"Success in business requires training and discipline and hard work. But if you're not frightened by these things, the opportunities are just as great today as they ever were". David Rockefeller.

No comments: