Sunday, December 31, 2006

An Evening With Oz Clarke.

One of my favourite restaurants on Gozo is It-Tmun, it has a relaxing atmosphere and has won many awards for it's comprehensive wine list. The proprietor Patrick knows his wine cellar extremely well, notably he is a bit of a wine geek so the pair of us get on well together. Patrick will often fire wine questions at me to test my knowledge and likewise I will do the same to him.
The last time we met, Oz Clarke's successful TV wine series "Oz and James's Big Wine Adventure" came up in conversation and Patrick told me that Oz is a frequent visitor to the island, now this set me thinking mmm what if!!

On return to the UK I emailed Oz Clarke's office to see if he would be interested in a wine evening at It-Tmun on one of his visits to Gozo next year, I have had a reply telling me that Oz has my mail and will reply to me in the new year, fingers crossed.

Well it's New Year's Eve and Gill and I will be spending it with some friends, we are doing as we did last year an evening of gastronomic self indulgence, our friends will supply the starter and main course while Gill and I supply the cheese course, dessert, and a dessert wine. The desert wine I have chosen is a half bottle of Chateau Guiraud 2004 to go with a heavy chocolate dessert that Gill is putting together now, it is probably still a bit on the young side at the moment but I just could not resist it when I saw it, I will let you know.
Mean time........Happy New Year
......................Is-sena t-tajba

"Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right"
Oprah Winfrey

No comments: