Sunday, November 04, 2007

Guilty or Not Guilty?

I am fed up with hearing the media tell us, that we should do more exercise, were workaholics, we should eat less fatty foods, and now we are hazardous drinkers or we drink too much wine. So what is too much wine, well apparently two bottles a week for men and one and a half a week is what women are consuming in the UK.

Are you shocked, does that seem excessive to you, it certainly does not to me. The list of banned everyday pleasures goes on and on, it's only a few months ago that I was reading about how wonderfully healthy the consumption of red wine is for your heart.

So why might you drink a glass of wine in the first place, well maybe too wind down after my long and tiring workaholic day, I may choose a cup of coffee instead but wait a minute that's bad for me as well.

I sometimes think that I am a boring person, for that matter I often think other people are boring and somehow a couple of glasses of wine gives me the illusion that I have become miraculously interesting, it also allows you to sing or dance without feeling embarrassment, I mean who dances stone cold sober?

Other advantages, it's a lot easier to be honest after a drink, you are more likely to speak from the heart, and if it ends up being the wrong thing to say you can always blame it on the drink the next time you meet, and everybody is happy.

If you feel the desire to own your own multi million pound estate, take a nice bottle of wine into the garden pull the cork, pour yourself a glass and let your imagination go. Such decadence.
Take it from me wine is good for your soul. Guilty as charged. I'll drink to that, Cheers.

When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.'


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve,

This comment is unrelated to this topic, but...

I just tagged you!
http://maltamalta.blog.com/2298639/

I hope you'll take up the challenge!

Cheers,
Grego