Sunday, March 30, 2008


"The time has come" the walrus said.

On Friday I had my leaving party and I would like to thank the red watch at Finchley Fire Station for all the work that they put in to make the night a success. Special thanks to Tim, Dave, Maria, Nick and Gordon. Please make sure you all keep in touch.


Gill and I are frantically doing the rounds this weekend to try and see everyone before our departure on Thursday. Monday will see us getting ready for the movers to come in on Tuesday to pack up the contents of our house. Wednesday we get a 20ft container dropped outside our house and the day will be spent loading for the 6 week journey by sea to Malta. Wednesday night we stay with my mother before setting off for Folkestone and the euro tunnel to Calais. Our first stop should be somewhere in the Champagne region close to Reims.

It could well be that this will be my last post before France so it's good bye to old England and hello sunny Gozo.

"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop". Lewis Carroll

No comments: