Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Two Weeks in Gozo.

It is 2 weeks since we arrived here in Gozo and it has been quite a busy time, within a few days of us arriving here our container full of belongings from the UK arrived here with 150+ boxes. Our house here in Munxar is already partly furnished so we have been trying to find homes for what amounts to the contents of another house, we are almost straight again now.


We have had to arrange telephone and Internet connection, we are going through the rather drawn out task of obtaining a Maltese ID card, whilst the UK population continues to object to the introduction of ID there they have had them here in Malta and Gozo for some time. We have also had time to relax, chill out and do a bit of reading. Gill and I have decided we would like to learn to sail so will be making enquiries this week to see if we can find someone to offer us a few trial lessons, it would be mad to come to a small island like Gozo and not take to the water in some way.




For the time being we are both in the enviable situation of not having to get up at any particular time in the morning and actually having more spare time than I ever remember having, in my working life anyway.


"I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way". Carl Sandburg.

No comments: