Sunday, May 28, 2006

World Series of Poker Pt 2

20.30hrs bst the game started, I got off to a slow start 1st hand dealt was 1 pair of jacks I ended up with 2 pair jacks and 8's on the board........I played it too slow and got beaten on the river with K's...
1000 people were playing for $12000 prize. that is $10000 entry into the big tournament and $2000 costs.
I won a couple of hands with small pots and 5 mins into the tournament I was 96th out of 962 that would be my highest placing.
20 mins in 900 players left I am in 153rd position, I seem to be playing in very few hands at the moment lots of folding to the blinds going on.

Thirty mins in I slow played AA went all in on the river I got 1 call, I finished with 2 pair A's & J's but was beaten by an A high flush in spades, I should have gone all in right at the start.
That's me finished, in 702nd place, it would have been nice to get in the top 500.
I will try again next month.

"Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards.
I got a full house and four people died".
Steven Wright

No comments: