Sunday, October 15, 2006

My Kind of Town...... Gozo.

This is the title of the story in the Daily Telegraph from writer and broadcaster Douglas Kennedy, it is a short but concise piece and I would say that 80% of what he has written I would agree with. You can read the full story here... www.telegraph.co.uk

WSET Advanced Course.

I am now into the second week of my wine qualification and I am enjoying it very much, it is certainly challenging although the course is only 5 weeks long you have an incredible amount of detail to learn during this time, I am not one to name drop but I have one of Gorden Ramsey's sommelier's on the course with me. The final exam is in 3 weeks time, fingers crossed.

Gozo Farmhouse for Sale.

We have put our Gozitan farmhouse on the market, Gill and I bought the farmhouse 4 years ago from the family of the late Joseph Aquilina, LL.D., Ph.D. (1911-1997) the house was previously owned by this local celebrity. It was in quite a run down condition when we bought the house but we were lucky enough to find an excellent local builder, he has done a fine job of renovating the farmhouse to it's former glory, (renovation and improvement work took the best part of 2 years) adding many modern comforts but without removing any of the original 200 year old character or features.
The farmhouse has 3 bedrooms (sleeps 6) 3 bathrooms, large lounge, large kitchen / dinning room, air conditioning and of course a swimming pool, located in the quite village of Munxar.
The reason for selling, is that we have found another renovation job, more about that later.
If anyone has any interest or would like further information or pictures drop me a line.


No comments: