Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

The seasons greeting to all my readers.

Let me start and finish with a rant about email etiquette, if a business or government department offers, on their website the option for communicating by email, you would think that they would have the courtesy to answer, this I have found is one of the annoying things about communicating by email with local businesses and government departments here in Malta. It is the modern way to keep in touch, or find out information, quick, simple and the recipient can deal with it when they are good and ready, unlike a telephone call, because I may call at an inconvenient time.

Unfortunately even in the UK you would have the occasional email ignored, but I have found here in Malta and Gozo around half of all emails that I send to government departments or businesses are being ignored, I am starting to get paranoid.
Does my breath smell or maybe I have body odour, perhaps I am just pig ugly and boring and don't deserve the time of day, if any of these are the problem just tell me, I am pretty thick skinned, I can take it.
Example, I have emailed the Department for Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs about my citizenship, Enemalta about my utility bill, a local Yoga retreat about Yoga, and none have had the courtesy to reply, some were emailed 2 or 3 times, and yes I have double checked the email addresses are correct, I also appreciate that the occasional email gets lost in the big bad binary world out there.

So if your website has the option of communicating by email, bloody well reply!!

I am off to take a shower, brush my teeth and fix my make up.

The Seasons greetings to you all, and may your god go with you.

I was going to buy a copy of The Power of Positive Thinking, and then I thought: What the hell good would that do? Ronnie Shakes.

No comments: