Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Wine Knowledge.

I spent Saturday evening with my sister in law Jackie and her husband Phil, also great lovers of good food & fine wine.
Phil has recently successfuly completed the "Wine and Spirits Education Trust" (WSET) trade exams at both intermediate and advanced level.
These exams are mainly for those in the drinks and hospitality industry but are available to the enthusiast and are recocgnised the world over.
Phil managed on Saturday night to persuade me to attempt these exams, my
dilema now is do I attempt the advanced exam without taking the intermediate (normaly a requirement).
Looking at the study material that he has shown me I probably have 80% of the knowledge included in the intermediate and with a bit of self study I could fill these gaps fairly easily.
So I have 2 weeks of study and he will set me an exam, if succsesful I will present the argument to WSET for going straight to the advanced.
Watch this space for an update.

"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand".
Frank Herbert

No comments: