Thursday, March 08, 2007

The UK Wine Show & Chris Scott.

I booked to take part in the 1st lesson of a 4 part short course entitled "Introduction to Wine and Wine Tasting" run by Chris Scott of thirtyfifty.co.uk
Thirty Fifty is run by Chris and his wife, both wine enthusiasts they "set out to demystify wine by bringing fun & no-nonsense wine tastings to people in their own homes," they also offer tastings for corporations and organised tastings for fund raising charity events.
My reasons for attending the tasting was a recommendation from Jamie Goode, another wine enthusiast and highly regarded wine professionals singing the praises of Chris, also because Gill and I have been thinking of doing something along the same lines (not in the UK I might add) and I wanted to get an idea of how it should be done.

Chris has a very fun and light hearted, yet enthusiastic teaching style, never getting too technical and adapting his methods according to the knowledge of his audience. Being a Kiwi Chris has a heavy bias towards New Zealand wines, but then I suppose we all have our own preferences, (I wonder if Chris has been recognised for "outstanding efforts in the promotion of Kiwi wines").
Gill and I had a great evening and I would highly recommend taking a look at the Thirty Fifty website to see what Chris and his team can offer you.

Thirty Fifty also do a highly informative podcast entitled "The UK Wine Show," with interviews and news from a variety sources within the wine trade via his website, free of charge for which he has been shortlisted for "International Wine & Spirit Competition’s Communicator of the Year award"

It is not my intention to plagiarize what Chris has achieved here in the UK but at the same time I hope he does not mind me using him as a role model.

"If you aspire to the highest place, it is no disgrace to stop at the second, or even the third, place".
Cicero

No comments: